THE FOUR POSITIVE P’s!
- Don’t talk while others are talking--even if asking a question about something you think you understand.
- Don’t throw things away or get out of your seat while someone is talking
- Treat others with respect and you’ll receive the same.
- Arrive to class on time--in the room when the bell rings, not running through the door or down the hall. Each tardy will require a tardy detention slip to be issued.
- Complete assignments and turn them in on time. No late work will be accepted. If absent, receive 2 days for each day gone to complete all assigned work. The student is responsible for obtaining all missed work. If you miss an A Day, see me on the B Day to get assignments so you don’t fall behind in class!
- Tests will be taken on the assigned date. If absent the day prior to the test and no new material is covered, the test will be taken on the assigned date. If absent the day of the test, the test must be taken the next day back in class. Test re-takes will be available for one week after the return of the initial unit test. To be eligible for a re-take, all homework must be completed and turned in, the review sheet must be completed and turned in on the day of the initial test, reasonable effort must have been made on the initial test, and evidence must be shown that the student is prepared to take the test again. The higher grade will be recorded.
- At the teacher's discretion, students may complete other activities that demonstrate additional knowledge; for example, students may complete additional homework problems or answer bonus questions on tests.
- Writing instrument and notebook must be brought to class each day. A two-pocket folder will be needed for class so in-progress assignments may be stored and returned assignments kept through the end of the semester. If a textbook is required for a particular subject, it also must be brought to class daily. Remember--no locker passes during the first or last 10-minutes of class.
- Use the bathroom during the passing period.
- You may want to bring something else to work on in the event you complete an assignment with time remaining in the period.
- Use class time wisely.
- Stay on task.
- Complete work for this class before working on items for other classes.
- Avoid disruptive behavior. Refer to the pages of the Parent-Student Handbook for discipline procedures and the Technology Acceptable Use Policy.